ooh!!! Here's such a FUN idea!!!!
Who is up for a GRATITUDE themed DIY?
(In the American spirit of getting ready for the next holiday even before being fully present for the CURRENT holiday on the horizon.......)
I was just thinking about all of the holidays we have cards for and wondering why, traditionally, people don't usually send cards for Thanksgiving. Personally, it makes so much more sense to me to take advantage of this holiday's theme in order to send someone a card to tell them what we appreciate about them and how we are grateful for their presence in our lives.
I know that I would be thrilled to receive a card like this! (especially if it smelled nice! ;-)))))
.....See where this is going?
Here's a chance to give someone a warm fuzzy to offset all of those not-so-nice things that happen to us every day that chip away at our happiness, self-esteem, connection.
We all know that our sense of smell can trigger the emotional center in our brain in such a powerful way. So, by sending your card of appreciation to someone, scented with an essential oil, that message from your heart will have even more of an impact and register even more deeply in their psyche, perhaps even countering several of those negative messages.
Let's have some fun with this idea while doing the easiest do it yourself project that you'll ever do!
Here's what you need to gather:
1. your gratitude/appreciation/thank you cards, whether homemade or store-bought
2. cotton balls
3. essential oils - use your intuition about which ones convey the sentiment you are looking for. At the moment, I'm huuuuugely into the new Emotional aromatherapy kit and so I am scenting my cards with Cheer, Motivate, Peace, and Passion. (making a few different batches)
Here's what to do:
1. Put your cards and envelopes in a ziploc bag.
2. Put 5 drops of essential oil on a cotton ball.
3. Put cotton ball in the baggie with the cards.
4. Seal the bag and allow the scent to permeate the cards.
5. A little closer to Thanksgiving, write your cards to friends, relatives and clients telling them how you appreciate them and how you are grateful for their presence in your life.
6. Know that you are making someone's day.
(Wouldn't it be nice if we all appreciated each other more regularly?)
Hey, btw...... I appreciate YOU! :-)
Feel free to pass this along and maybe we can start an avalanche of appreciation! Please contact me if you want some help getting started with essential oils. And please share with me which oils you used on your cards and how your people respond!