Had a rough day? Need some help to relax and unwind? Essential oils can be a huge support in your relaxation technique toolbox!
These are some of my favorite soothing oils: Lavender, Serenity blend, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Vetiver, Melissa, Geranium, Citrus Bliss, Orange, Peace blend, Cedarwood and Clary Sage.
Here are a few ways that you can use the oils for sleep and relaxation:
- Diffusion: Diffuse your favorite soothing oils (listed above) to help you feel calm and relaxed before falling asleep.
- Pillow: Place a drop or two of a soothing essential oil blend on your pillow or a stuffed animal.
- Relaxing Bath: Add a few drops of one of the oils listed above to a warm bath.
- Tea: Add a few drops of Lavender or Roman Chamomile or Bergamot to your favorite herbal tea or just a cup of warm water.
- Massage: Mix a few drops of oil with a carrier oil and rub hands, feet, back, etc. Both the person giving the massage and receiving it, will feel soothed by the process.