Every summer when this kit is available, I am so excited! I love using these in cooking, especially! Today I just came across this awesome list of 40 uses for these oils.
Spearmint essential oil (Mentha spicata) has been around in flavorings for gum and toothpaste for years, but it’s more than just a yummy flavor. It’s also useful for digestive support, insect control, and balancing emotions.
Tangerine essential oil (Citrus reticulate) is such a yummy oil, and a great substitute for grapefruit, if you’re avoiding that one. It’s also good for digestion, as well as mood support, and immune support.
Cumin essential oil (cumin cyminum) is great for cooking, digestive health, protects against environmental concerns, adds relief for occasional muscle soreness, and did I mention tastes delish? It’s photosensitive though, and you might wanna avoid during pregnancy.
Dill essential oil (Anethum graveolens) is also great for digestion (are you noticing a trend here? cooking oils = happy belly), and is calming and grounding. Some uses for the Sensational Flavors kit:
- Add a drop of spearmint to your homemade toothpaste recipes.
- Add 1-2 drops of spearmint or tangerine to sun tea! Yum!
- Add 1-2 drops of spearmint to homemade ice cream.
- Add 1-2 drops of tangerine to your fruit salad.
- Mix in a drop of dill to your pasta salad recipes.
- Add several drops of spearmint to the bottom of a bowl of cut up watermelon with juice – shake well.
- Make a mouthwash by mixing 1 drop of spearmint to 1/2 cup of water.
- Rub spearmint or cumin over the chest for respiratory support.
- Add a drop of cumin to your facial moisturizer.
- Add a drop of dill to your deviled egg recipes. #omg #sogood
- Massage spearmint into the neck and shoulders for soothing effects.
- Inhale a drop of any of the oils from your hands for stress.
- Diffuse tangerine throughout the room for a mood lifter.
- Add spearmint or dill to a pendant before a big talk or class.
- Use dill to help you study.
- Dab a drop of cumin on skin to soothe.
- Add a couple drops of spearmint to a cotton ball to drive off bugs at the picnic.
- Massage spearmint into muscles after a workout.
- Use dill at night for calm sleep (and yummy dreams!).
- Add a drop of spearmint or dill over your throat to help you share more confidently.
- Add 1 drop of cumin to your BBQ recipes.
- Replace recipes that call for dried cumin with the oil. Start small!
- Use a few drops of tangerine or spearmint in your car diffuser for your summer road trips.
- Rub spearmint into tired feet after your morning jog.
- Add spearmint to your diffuser with citrus blends for an energy boost.
- Use cumin for digestive health.
- Add several drops of spearmint to a small spritz bottle and use to cool yourself off.
- Add a drop of spearmint or tangerine to baking soda and brush gently for some teeth whitening.
- Make a bug deterrent with dill and a repellant blend or Arborvitae.
- Add a drop of dill, cumin, or spearmint to water to settle an unhappy belly.
- Add a drop of tangerine or spearmint to water to boost your energy.
- Rub dill, spearmint, or cumin over your belly when you’re feeling, shall we say….bubbly? 😉
- Add spearmint to a lamb roast! Mmmmm…..
- Use dill or cumin in hot tea.
- Add a small amount of cumin to your Sloppy Joe recipe.
- Diffuse dill throughout the room to help calm an upset baby.
- Replace grapefruit essential oil with tangerine in any recipes!
- Add spearmint to a foot bath at the end of a long day.
- Add tangerine to your shampoo or conditioner for shiny, smell-good hair.
- Diffuser spearmint with douglas fir for a yummy, invigorating aroma!
This summer, these oils are available for a limited time in your back office for just $30. If you are not already a wholesale member, and would like to get 25% off all doTerra products, contact me and I will happily guide you to the oils that will be most beneficial for you.